This statement outlines how The West Lancashire Freemasons’ Charity (registered charity number 239313) gathers, process and protect any personal information that you may provide us with when you have asked us consider a request for assistance.
The charity is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us during the application and grant award process is treated confidentially and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
1.How we collect information:
• Through the joint application form, supporting documentation and specific requests for supplementary information;
• Through written reports from relevant health or social care professionals. We will always seek the consent of the applicant to obtain these reports;
• A third party may gather and verify personal information on our behalf as part of the application process. Arrangements are made to ensure that any information you provide is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
2. How we will use the information you provide to us:
• To assess your eligibility for support from the Charity;
• To signpost you to other charities and/or organisations including government departments and agencies that we believe may be able to assist you;
• To facilitate the provision of charitable support;
• To maintain a record or our work;
• To ask you to tell us how we can improve the services of the Charity to you and others.
3. How we will share your information:
• Some or all of the information you provide to us may be shared with The Grand Charity, Royal Masonic Trust for Girls and Boys, Masonic Samaritan Fund, the Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution, a lodge or Provincial Grand Lodge if we believe that one or more may be able to assist you and/or facilitate payments following the award of a grant;
• If you request mobility equipment or aids, we will work with a third party supplier to assess, supply and maintain items appropriate to your needs;
• We will not sell, distribute or release your information to third parties, other than those specified, unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
4. How we will store the information we collect from you:
• The information you provide to us will be kept securely to ensure no unauthorised access or disclosure occurs. Your information will be securely destroyed when no longer required;
5. Access to your information:
• You can request a copy of the information that we hold about you at any time. If you would like a copy of the information held please contact the Central Applications Office at 2 Paramount Business Park, Wilson Road, Huyton L36 5AW to request this information. If you believe that there is an error in the information that we hold about you please contact the Central Applications Office at 2 Paramount Business Park, Wilson Road, Huyton L36 5AW We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
6. Changes to our Fair Collection Statement:
• Any changes to our Fair Collection Statement will be posted on our website www.westlancscharity.org.uk
• This statement was reviewed and updated on 1 December 2015